9.18.2008

Figuring out how to love me

This has been an incredible task for me over the last two months. With the PTSD I haven't really been able to not love me. If I don't sleep well I really don't accomplish much in the day unless I can get a nap. Lack of sleep also leads to a decrease in the number of times I work out during the week and the amount of time I spend with God. For me this has been a very difficult thing while working full time. Also as an outgoing person it's very difficult to escape my social circles. I'm learning though that it's okay to miss out on things AND to say that you really aren't interested in doing something. There are SO many opportunities to do things with FUN people here ALL the time. As a person who enjoys doing just about anything learning how to only do what I really want to do is hard but I'm getting there.
Do you know how to love you? Do you say no when you you are tired? Do you only go to the things you really want to go to? I understand when I ask those things that I'm encouraging you to be more selfish. Here's the thing... for me (having been submerged in this Christian Bubble here in Nashville now for 6 years) I spend all my energy on others to the point that I'm so worn out I don't take care of me and therefore become really ineffective in my ministry and friendships. So... my point in asking you whether or not you spend time reflecting and rejuvenating yourself is not to increase your selfishness but to encourage you in your ministry.

No comments: