9.17.2008

Stability

So I just met this guy that I think is awesome. Not in that way... well maybe but most of all I'm really excited because he's a democrat, versed in world affairs and knew a word in French that I didn't even know! He's lived outside of the country for a while and even hangs out with FBI agents on a regular basis.

Since we parted this evening I've been thinking gosh I'd really like to talk about world affairs with him... While we were at this dinner party an attendee was quoting the movie Wayne's World and I thought... What's great about my new friend is that I'd be willing to bet $ that he can't quote many movie lines. Ha! So many of my friends here in this town that I love and hate depending on the day could creme any of you all on just about every single Trivial Pursuit Entertainment question there is.

These thoughts led me to think about what I'd like to talk about with him since I haven't really pursued World Affairs/ Politics lately. Then I got to thinking about what am I passionate about in life and why have I not worked on some of my political aspirations or passions. My answer arose from my inability to get over my fear of instability. I grew up in such a financially stable environment where the man of the house was 100% responsible for the well being of the family that as an adult woman I've had a VERY hard time pursuing my passions because I've felt like I needed to pursue job stability. However I haven't had much job stability in the last two places of employment so I'm not able to say, "Over the last three years I haven't pursued my dreams because I needed to have a stable life financially." What I can say is that I pursued what God had for me and that was to grow in my faith rather than in my earthly career. Truth be told I just don't have enough energy to pursue my passions after I get done with work AND besides that I also jump from one interest to the next depending on who I'm hanging out with. Tonight I realized I want to finish reading Three Cups of Tea because I'm interested in the story not because I just met someone who shares similar interests. Although I must admit... I finally told a friend that I might as well be a democrat. Then kindly asked her not to tell anyone because my family might disown me.

No comments: